[AIG] Significant properties pointers

Kati Sein kati.sein at ra.ee
Tue Mar 21 12:43:03 GMT 2017

Remco, thanks, this wonderful and is a lot! May heavens give me enough
time and clear mind to work through it! Or at least part of it to be
realistic... :-)

Kat

PS. This is off of significant propertis topic but I still share with
you what has been on my mind/table. Recently I have been meditating
quite a lot about this future topic we had: human resources in digital
preservation and training. I had to give a lecture telling masters
students of history about digital archiving. Several questions arouse
for ourselves, such as where do our offspring come from so that we
target the right group. Either document handling students or/and IT
students or/and traditional archiving students or/and ... Our possible
future colleagues/partners are scattered around several departments,
even several higher education institutions. Plus of course colleagues
from "paper departments". We also composed ~12 practical home tasks for
individual research to them (which I was rather proud of). In fact, I
was about to ask you, dear AIG, to brain storm exercises for students
but in the end, as usual, time was short. Coming months will show, how
they managed. One task touched the topic of converting spreadsheets and
documenting rendering quality. But in general, it might be good to have
our own shared "tank" full of all kinds of training things: exercises,
examples, example files, course syllabuses, ..., ...